Thursday, February 23, 2012

Am I a Pampered Chef?

 A friend from work recently had a Pampered Chef party and while I was not able to attend, I did choose a couple of goodies from the catalog. The order came in today and I my mind was ablaze with ways I can use my new kitchen items. 
Here is what I got:
 As I was dreaming about recipes that would involve my new gadgets and such, I was distracted by thoughts of the brand name of these kitchen goodies. Pampered Chef? hmmmm... does a 2 quart batter bowl and a cheese grater really make me a "pampered" chef? 
Now don't get me wrong, I am plenty excited about my purchase but I couldn't help my mushy little americanized  brain from thinking that  a "pampered" chef is certainly not what I would consider myself. 
Ole Martha (Stewart) now, she's pampered. Little Miss. Giada De Laurentis, Pampered? CHECK!
Rachel Ray? Hmmm.... Yes. 
My thought process being that not only do they not  have to run to Kroger every time they cook (praying the house won't be burned down when they get back) because they are missing a key ingredient (they have  people for that) but also, their ingredients are all pre-measured in those tiny little bowls by their crew of "People". To top it all off whatever they make is all mary poppins magic ready as soon as they pop it in the oven! (Again, they have people for that)
So, I'm thinking, I don't have people! I never have gourmet, mary poppins magic meals,  piping  hot and ready in the oven right after i whip all my pre-measured "where-the-heck-do-you-find-such-an-herb" ingredients into a gorgeous dish.  All I have is a batter bowl and a cheese grater! 
So all that nonsense was really only a few seconds before I caught myself.
Why I am rating my "pamperedness" on a TV chef scale? Sure there are millions of women with far fancier amenities in their kitchen than my cheese grater but how about the millions of women who don't have a kitchen much less a fancy cheese grater


Humbled! 
Thank you Lord for my countless and undeserved blessings! My lifestyle is lavish. I must be intentional about rembering that and not taking a single can opener or measuring cup or batter bowl for granted! 
am a pampered chef!

 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
James 1:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment