Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our Ceremony 10/18/08


I never day dreamed about  what my wedding would be like as a girl or even as a teenager. The only thing I always pictured was that I would get married outdoors and then it would be a fairly intimate gathering. So, with those two things in mind and everything else thrown together in our short three and half month engagement, the Lord blessed me with a dream wedding. We were truly blessed by our family and friends who did more than I can begin to tell you to make this special day a beautiful and perfect memory for us.
I can't think of a more fun day in my life. When I finally got to meet my groom (before the ceremony) we spent the afternoon having an absolute blast taking pictures. (this was BIG because sean never likes taking pictures but we were in never never land!) We laughed so much and it was all such a surreal experience. I think we enjoyed the ceremony even more. After we walked ran out we looked at each other and both said lets do that again!
I like doing things different. I love some traditions but I didn't feel like tradition fit our personality and so I did some of things a little different.
For instance, I didn't use any traditional music for the ceremony.
I had Irish instrumental Music for the processional called Dueling Violins.
I walked into Stand By Me by Otis Redding
We Prayed and Had the Unity Ceremony to A Living Prayer
and We walked out to I'm a Believer by Smashmouth

It was fun and refelected our personalities and I wanted it to be that way.
I felt like I had been to a hundred of the same weddings and they were all beautiful but I'm not so much into the same.  So I wanted our day to be about us. Even if I had to buck tradition a little and walk over a pool and walk out to rock music and not have a single white tablecloth or a huge multi faceted bouquet or a veil and my bridesmaids held their little bitty flowers in one hand to the side as they walked down instead of in front of them clutched between their two hands.
But hey, I did have something old, new and blue!

Going to meet my groom (before the ceremony)
Hubba hubba!
embrace


Our adorable barefoot ring bearer
Our too cute flower girl
My sweet God-babies
Watching our step
Here comes the bride
Dad, trying not to cry 
My groom (I wonder what J was saying to him here...)
Leave and Cleave
Me, trying not to cry
Praying
Sand ceremony with both our parents
The Vows
The Rings
The Kiss
The Onlookers
The New Mr. and Mrs. 
The Exit
The successful exit...Somehow everyone thought we would fall in the pool...
The Happy Couple
Stopping to watch my beautiful wedding party exit against my coordinator's wishes ;)
My lil sis, Sean's Big Bro
My Big Sis and her Hubs
My Big Brother and His Wife
Sean's youngest sister and brother
one of my besties and Sean's buddy 
Another Bestie and my other Big Bro 

I'm missing the last  two couples picture :(
My oldest friend, another one of sean's sister's and two more of sean's friends
:(

My Mom er nem

Hubs  Mom er nem


We were so blessed with a perfect day.
The contribution from our family and friends was enormous. 
Praise the Lord for providing more than I ever imagined.


Linked up here Check out natasha's absolutely gorgous day!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet ceremony! I love how you made it so personal - that's what I love most about weddings.

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also walked out to "I'm a Believer" by Smashmouth, I didn't realise it was in Shrek until after we got married (I know, I must have been living under a rock or something!). Still, you have excellent taste, I must say!! :P

    ReplyDelete